Pilgrimage Overview: A pilgrimage is an intentional journey of faith to grow in one's relationship with Christ and His Church. More than just a trip or time off of school, the March for Life is a pilgrimage WITH a mission to defend life! This year we will be staying in a HOTEL!
8:30am Meet at Saint Patrick (280 N. Grant Ave, Columbus, OH 43215)
9:00am Depart for Basillica of the Immaculate Conception - 400 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017 (lunch on the road - YOU PROVIDE)
4:30pm Arrive at Basillica of the Immaculate Conception and touring the Basillica (Snacks provided for you)
5:30pm Opening Mass for Life
7:30pm - Moving to Hampton Inn -
9:30pm - Going to Bed
January 19, 2018
7:00am Wake Up and Grab Breakfast in the Hotel (FREE)
8:00am Depart for Youth Rally and Mass for Life (4500 Patriot Circle, Fairfax, VA 22030)
8:30am Youth Rally and Mass for Life - Distribute sack breakfast (provided for you)
11:00am Depart for National Mall and drop off at the mall
Noon Participate in the March for Life
3:30pm Move to Rayburn building for reception with Congressmen Chabot & Wenstrup (ends at 4:30pm)
5:00pm Groups meet at Capitol Building (East Capitol St NE & First St SE Wash, DC 20004)
-Bus meets us here
5:30pm Board Buses for Monuments
7:00pm Head to UMD for Adoration (4141 Guilford Dr, College Park, MD 20740)
7:30pm Holy Hour at Univ of Maryland Chapel
9:00pm Load buses for hotel (
January 20, 2018
7:00am Wake up and eat (FREE)
8:30am Depart for Dominican House of Studies (487 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017)
9:00am Mass at Dominican House of Studies
10:30am Depart Basilica for National Mall/Smithsonians (600 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20560)
11:00am Visit Smithsonians (Give options...usually about 4)
-Bus stays here.
-Lunch on your own at Smithsonians
2:00pm Board buses and head to St. Patrick's (Dinner on your own)
10:00pm - Returning to St. Patrick (280 N. Grant Ave, Columbus, OH 43215)
We will leave DC Saturday early afternoon and will be home around in the evening to Saint Patrick's. Teens will be instructed to call their parents on the drive home to give them more certain arrival time.
Registration, release and fee
The cost of this trip is $125. In order to get a spot, you must
1)register online (above). A $40 non-refundable deposit is due through eventbrite to secure your spot.
2) The remaining $85 balance will be due the Tuesday before the trip.
3) Print off and turn in the 2 release forms (below)
Notes & What to Bring?
Eat breakfast before you come on Thursday morning to St. Patrick. Please wear your Veritas Youth Ministry t-shirt as well – if you have one.
- March for Life Release Form
- Warm clothes that you could layer (You will want to be warm! You should check WashingtonDC weather before we leave to see if you need rain gear (i.e. disposable poncho).
- Everyone should bring a small backpack along – this way you can keep what you need with you on the bus in one spot, and have something to carry with you during our days in DC.
- Comfortable (and warm) shoes
- Toiletries (there will not be showers … we can all grow in holiness through sacrifice!)
- Cell phone (it will be important so we can keep track of everyone).
- Snacks to share if you would like!
- Bring a water bottle.
- Money for food and other spending – you will need to take care of two meals on your own - Food is a little more expensive in DC than it is here. Budget approx. $10 per meal to be safe.)
- Rosary, Bible, journal or anything else you might like to have if you choose!
- Notes on Hotel
- We will be staying at the Hampton Inn in College Park Maryland in rooms that have 2 double beds. Each person understands that they will be in a room with 4 people of the same gender sharing a bed. The chaperons will be keeping strict order on student activity in the hotel.